E-EAFM trainer resource materials
E-EAFM Trainer's Resource Guide
This is the Trainer's Resource Guide to be used in the Essential Ecosystem Approach to Fishery Management (E-EAFM) training course. The Trainer's Resource Guide contains:
- Trainers notes for delivering the training course sessions
- Key take away messages for each training session
- Advice on preparation for the sessions, in particular, how to use the Session plans
- How to interact with trainees to maximize the impact of the training (including activities and energizers)
- How to use the course evaluation forms
The E-EAFM Trainer's Resource Guide is to be used in conjunction with the other trainer's resource materials (Participant's course books, Session Plans, Wall visuals and Evaluations Forms).
E-EAFM Trainer's Session Plans
These are drafts of the detailed Session Plans which are used by trainers to run the E-EAFM training course. Actual Session Plans will need to be customized for each training. The session plans outline:
- Key learning objectives
- Detailed session timing
- Notes on how to run the session
- The resources to be used.
E-EAFM Trainer's Visuals
These are a selection of pictures and graphics that can be printed and used as wall posters for the E-EAFM training venue. They are larger-scale versions of the graphics which are used in the Participant's Handbook.
E-EAFM Training Course Assessment Forms
These are a set of assessment forms to be used during the E-EAFM training course. The forms assist the trainers to evaluate:
- Particpant's expectations at the start of the course
- Particpant's daily progress, understanding and appreciation of the training course sessions
- Participants overall understanding and opinion at the conclusion of the training.
What does EAF look like? Poster
A poster that visualizes the before and after situation in a fishery, that has been through an Ecosystem Approach to Fishery Management planning process. Courtesy of EAF Nansen Project.
IMA Icebreakers pack
This booklet has a range of easy and fun group activities which can be used at workshops and courses to bring in more engagement and efficiency.
FAO has designed the EAF Toolbox to guide users through each of the four main EAF management planning steps and activities using simplified text and clear instructions.